A 17-year-old girl was fatally struck by a train late Wednesday night in Mokena in what appeared to be a suicide, authorities said. The girl was struck by Rock Island District outbound train No. 529 about 11 p.m., according to Metra spokesman Tom Miller. The girl was pronounced dead on the scene at 12:05 a.m., according to the Will County Coroner’s office. Passengers on the train were transferred to the next train to make the final two stops on the line, Miller said. Metra police are investigating. Sun-Times Media Wire …
A South Holland woman who ran a South Side tax preparation business has been sentenced to more than three years in prison for tax fraud. Verlean Hollins, 43, was sentenced to 46 months in prison and fined nearly $800,000 by U.S. District Judge Samuel Der-Yeghiayan, according to a statement from the U.S. Attorney’s office. She pleaded guilty in January to two counts of aiding and assisting in the preparation of false federal income tax returns. Hollins owned Taxes, Etc., Inc., in the 2300 block of East 71st Street, between at least 2010 and 2012, federal prosecutors said. She admitted that …
Oak Lawn seniors get tough lesson in integrity
Forty-eight Oak Lawn Community High School seniors have received that knock, delivered firmly by a principal willing to take a stand. In the days leading up to Wednesday night's graduation ceremony, school officials realized that 47 seniors had ...
Dozens Of Oak Lawn Students Miss Graduation After Cheating ScandalCBS Local
Kadner: A lesson in integrity for us allSouthtownStar
Chicago High School Bans Students From GraduationMyFoxOrlando.com
all 9 news articles »
Check E. Cheese's liquor license could be in jeopardy
Oak Lawn Mayor Sandra Bury will determine the future of Chuck E. Cheese's liquor license Tuesday at a liquor control commission hearing. The mayor, who is also the village's liquor commissioner, could suspend or revoke the establishment's license or ...
and more »
Cook, DuPage, Grundy, Kane, Kendall, Kankakee, and Will.
Alsip, Berwyn, Bolingbrook, Bourbonnais, Channahon, Chicago, Chicago Ridge, Crestwood, Crete, Downers Grove, Frankfort, Homewood, Homer Glen, Homewood, Joliet, Lemont, Lockport, Lombard, Kankakee, Manhattan, Midlothian, Mokena, Monee, Naperville, New Lenox, Oak Brook, Oak Forest, Oak Lawn, Oak Park, Orland Hills, Orland Park, Palos Hills, Palos Heights, Palos Park, Plainfield, Posen, Woodridge, Romeoville, Steger, Tinley Park Home Inspector
Merino's Home Inspection & Education Inc.
9029 Pebble Beach Lane
Orland Park, Illinois 60462
Tinley Park home inspector
Illinois Home Inspector License 450.010091
Illinois Home Inspector Entity License 451.000851
Home Inspection News
- Council approves inspection fee - North Platte Telegraph
- Practical Tips For Home Buyers, Including Notes On Home Inspections ... - The Mortgage Reports
- Meth test not currently part of home inspection process in Indiana - WRTV Indianapolis
- Homebuyers have options with inspection contingency - Washington Post (blog)
- Mitchell Kuffa: There are risks to buying a home without an inspection - Port Huron Times Herald
Chicago Tribune Homes
- Top 10 cars and trucks for tailgate parties this fall: Toyota Venza
- Top 10 cars and trucks for tailgate parties this fall: Ford Flex SEL
- Top 10 cars and trucks for tailgate parties this fall: Kia Borrego
- Top 10 cars and trucks for tailgate parties this fall: Dodge Ram Crew Cab SLT
- Top 10 cars and trucks for tailgate parties this fall: Volkswagen Routan