Bangor Daily News
Maine has relatively high amounts of radon. Here's how to protect yourself
Bangor Daily News
Radon is a naturally occurring radioactive gas produced from the decay of uranium-238, which occurs in rocks and soil in Maine and other parts of the country. Maine is part of a geological region that is considered relatively high in radon exposure. If ...
and more »
An Elgin man was arrested Saturday on a charge of aggravated criminal sexual abuse of a 15-year-old Lemont girl. James Hinterlong, 27, of the 700 block of Deborah Ave in Elgin, was taken into custody in the 14700 block of National Park Drive , for incidents that occurred between May 1 and Oct. 1. Lemont police began investigating Hinterlong after encountering him during response to a call of a suspicious auto near the Quarries, said Lemont Police Sgt.
Irena Juskeniene, 52, of the 1000 block of State Street in Lemont, was arrested for Domestic Battery following an incident in the 1000 block of State Street. She appeared at the Bridgeview Court House for a bond hearing.
Oak Lawn grandmother accused of killing baby faces psychological evaluation
An Oak Lawn woman accused of brutally slaying her 5-month-old granddaughter with a sledgehammer and kitchen knife is expected to be interviewed Thursday by a neuropsychologist who has studied domestic homicide, according to court records.
Once the Chicago area's highest-priced residential listing, a 20,000-square-foot, Palladian villa-style mansion in Lincoln Park has had a price reduction to $16.9 million, down from $18.75 million.
The six-bedroom mansion, owned by Tampa Bay Rays part-owner Timothy Mullen, went under contract for...
In 2014, with a population of 16,620, Lemont had 7 violent crimes, 0 murders and/or non-negligent manslaughter cases, 4 rapes, 0 robberies, 3 aggravated assaults, 171 property crimes, 12 burglaries, 142 larcenies, 17 motor vehicle thefts and 0 reported instances of arson.
Four Lemont High School students were honored with October "Student of the Month" accolades at the district's Board of Education meeting on October 19. Included among the honorees were senior Clare Rachwalski , junior Kiara Hardy , sophomore Laura Hunter and freshman Gabrielle Ognar . Each month, Lemont High School honors a student from each grade level for hard work and dedication to the school and the community.
While working towards your health goals it's important you have a process in place to monitor your progress- no scales necessary! Being too busy isn't an excuse anymore. Use these hacks to help you get active even in the busiest of times.
Not sure if the dozens of great blue herons we saw on the Cal-Sag or the waterway-clogging barge traffic around Lemont was more impressive. On Monday, Tom Palmisano took Ken Schneider and myself on our annual ride exploring CAWS and the Chicago lakefront.
Being too busy isn't an excuse anymore. Use these hacks to help you get active even in the busiest of times.
Home Inspection Issues in Residential Real Estate Transactions
Conversely, in a commercial transactions, due diligence that extends way beyond a simplistic home inspection is a precondition to a meeting of the minds in the first instance. The reason for this divergence between commercial and residential ...
The Vault and Hope and Friendship Foundation are rallying donations to send care boxes to Lemont deployed on Impact Sunday Oct 25th 12-6pm. Do you hold a loved one in your heart who is serving our Country far from this corner of the world? Visit The Vault during October to put their name on a heart that will be placed on the wall for all to see for a $1 donation that will be used for postage to send care boxes.
Review home inspection reports
Q I have questions about an inspector. I'm selling my home, and the buyer wanted a home inspection. The sales agent told me they were only looking for major defects, and my home is only 6 years old so I thought everything would be all right. No.
Kathleen Gibson's love of baked goods traces back to time spent baking alongside her grandmother, and the Lemont newcomer hopes that family feel can shine through in her business coming soon to town. "I chose Lemont because I love the town," Gibson said, of her decision to open in Lemont.
Cook, DuPage, Grundy, Kane, Kendall, Kankakee, and Will.
Alsip, Berwyn, Bolingbrook, Bourbonnais, Channahon, Chicago, Chicago Ridge, Crestwood, Crete, Downers Grove, Frankfort, Homewood, Homer Glen, Homewood, Joliet, Lemont, Lockport, Lombard, Kankakee, Manhattan, Midlothian, Mokena, Monee, Naperville, New Lenox, Oak Brook, Oak Forest, Oak Lawn, Oak Park, Orland Hills, Orland Park, Palos Hills, Palos Heights, Palos Park, Plainfield, Posen, Woodridge, Romeoville, Steger, Tinley Park Home Inspector
Merino's Home Inspection & Education Inc.
9029 Pebble Beach Lane
Orland Park, Illinois 60462
Tinley Park home inspector
Illinois Home Inspector License 450.010091
Illinois Home Inspector Entity License 451.000851
Home Inspection News
- HouseMaster's Mike and Drew Kauffman Honored at Home Inspection Franchisor's ... - Benzinga
- HouseMaster's Casey Parsons Honored at Home Inspection Franchisor's Annual ... - Marketwired (press release)
- Franklin And Surrounding Counties To Get A New Home Inspection Service, Safe ... - MMD Newswire (press release)
- Home Selling Tips: How To Pass A Home Inspection - Realty Today
- Buying new home without a home inspection - Chicago Daily Herald
Chicago Tribune Homes
- Blackhawks center Marcus Kruger buys Gold Coast condo
- Ken Griffin pays ex-wife $11.75 million for Park Tower penthouse
- Former Illinois Treasurer Alexi Giannoulias buys $2.6 million mansion
- 'Mancow' Muller buys Wilmette house for $2 million, disses Chicago again
- Homer Glen's French Provincial-style 'Blackrock Estate'
- Top 10 cars and trucks for tailgate parties this fall: Toyota Venza
- Top 10 cars and trucks for tailgate parties this fall: Ford Flex SEL
- Top 10 cars and trucks for tailgate parties this fall: Kia Borrego
- Top 10 cars and trucks for tailgate parties this fall: Dodge Ram Crew Cab SLT
- Top 10 cars and trucks for tailgate parties this fall: Volkswagen Routan
- Manhattan SD 114 Board member in critical condition after being hit by car
- Judge to rule Feb. 6 on Park Forest officer who shot elderly man
- Robbins trustees take unusual private vote on quarry referendum
- Will County approves $2.4 million pact for Laraway Road widening
- New court fee to help pay for new Will County courthouse